Can I Have Non Silicon Cheek Implants Placed from Inside the Mouth?

Silicon chin implant 12 yrs ago rejected. Need cheek implants following radical dental surgery and bone loss. Cheeks caving in. I made myself a prosthesis which I wear between cheeks & teeth. *Can I have an allergy/rejection test at all and are there now more inert substances. *Would prefer insertion done from inside the cheek... Can anything be done to my wattle; had platysma tightened, but it now very slack. No lower facelift as no skin behind ears left.

Silicone cheek implants worth the try.

+1
I am doubtful that you had a reaction to the silicone chin implant but rather an infection which caused the removal. I have placed many cheek implants in over the past 30 years and have never had one rejected due to allergic reaction. Silicone implants are still the best choice. A good surgeon who will go through your complete history will be able to help in determining your best surgical plan. Fat injection is also a great technique in adding fullness to augment the cheek area with a natural appearance. A neck lift should address the lax skin under the chin. Best regards!

Silicone Cheek Implants for Sunken Bone

+1

In 35 years i've never seen rejection of a silicone cheek implant - this was probably an infection. An intra-oral incision is the ideal approach for implant placement. A necklift can be done for the "wattle".

Silicone Cheek implants still the best

+1

Silicone Cheek Implants are still the best, IMHO and very inert.  Try another set before implants made of any other material like Medpore or Goretex...again just MHO.  A Neck Lift should be able to address the loose skin of the neck.

Fillers Such as Radiesse or Sculptra can be Advantageous Over Cheek Implants

+1

The new volume producing fillers Radiesse and Sculptra have given physicians and patients a new dimension in facial contouring by revolumizing the face through a minimally invasive approach. Radiesse and Sculptra injections are well-tolerated by patients. They have a low incidence of side effects and result in high patient satisfaction. Longer lasting fillers such as Radiesse and Sculptra have many advantages over implants. One obvious advantage is that surgery is not required. Another is that you can get either a rapid or a gradual correction depending upon how many syringes you have injected and you can decide as you go exactly how much correction looks good. Also, as your face ages it changes over the years, touch up treatments are constantly being modified to fit the changing face. This would also alleviate any concerns you may have about allergies to silicone.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Cheek implants for bone loss.

+1
Any implant can get infected. Silicone is still best and if infected can be removed. I would need to see pictures of your face to tell you what is needed.