Opinions on Silhouette Lift?

Have you heard of the Silhouette Lift? If so, what is your opinion on this? Thanks!

Silhouette Insta Lift - USA

Finally a minimally minor surgical lift can now be offered as an alone technique or as an add on to open facelifting. The biggest issue is the cost of the Silhouette Sutures (at $100 - $150 per suture). If using 14 sutures than the costs becomes high for the product in the $2,000 range. Thus the fee would be in the $4,000 range. The longevity is 18 months to 2 years. The major advantages are: no true incisions or pre auricular scars, very very fast recovery, under local anesthesia, short operative time (after getting experience), very satisfied patients. So now I offer Face/Neck Lifting as 4 categories with possible combinations. 1. Silhouette Insta Lift, 2. Mini FL/NL, 3. Midi FL/NL - SMAS, 4. Full open Face/Neck/Submental Lift. I think Sinclair Pharma has opened a new horizon for simple acceptable face lifting. 

The 'Silhouette Lift' IS NOT a thread lift! Yes, it uses a prolene suture with PolyLastic Acid (Sculptra) cones along its length. A completely NEW concept. I at first was VERY spectacle but after receiving hands on training and now having preformed over 25 cases -ALL I CAN SAY IT WORKS! 

Update 11/20/2015: After having preformed 35 cases on various patients over 98% are happy. I have divided the Silhouette Lift in to differing categories based upon different concepts.
Based upon anatomic areas: 1. Mid Face Lift - 8 sutures; 2. Temple Lift 2 to 4 sutures; 3. Neck lift 2 to 4 sutures+; 5. A combination of the previous areas.
Based upon age without previous facial surgeries: 1. Under 35 -  mid face &/or temple lifts. 2. Under 45 - mid face, temple, neck. 3. Under 55 - same as 45. 4. Older Any combination. With all categories addition of fillers, peels, Botox, fat grafts is offered.
Based upon previous FaceLift surgeries: 1. Add a slight additional lift - 2 to 4 sutures. 2. In combination with secondary FaceLifts. 
Please understand we all have had patients request no cutting or scars. The Silhouette Lift offers an alternative temporary solution. More to follow.....

Silhouette lift-worth it?

Thank you for your question.  There are so many branded lifts out there, that it can be very confusing.  The Silhouette Lift is a variation on the thread lift.  The idea is to "lift" the tissue with barbed sutures in a minimally invasive fashion and is most suited to patients with mild aging changes.  The results may last up to 18 months.  In my experience, patients are more satisfied with the results of an actual surgical lift.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Elizabeth Whitaker, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette Lift

There are many lifts in the market. I usually reference a paper by Dr. Peter Adamson comparing the various lifts. It found that the deep plane facelift had the longest longevity of all facelifts, about 7 years in duration for improvement.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

The silhouette soft lift is a great procedure for mid term results

Having been performing facelifts for over 15 years I have adopted the technique in my practice as an intermediate treatment for faces that have minimal ageing signs and in experienced hands you can achieve great results with only a few days of recovery. The results usually last 18 months.

Silhouette Lift

Thank you for your question. The silhouette lift is a variant of the thread lift which uses barbed sutures to lift and hold the skin in a suspended position. Unfortunately, with its expense, it provides very minimal improvement and I would not recommend it.

Ramtin Kassir, MD
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette lift

A silhouette lift is a form of thread lift. This is a minimally invasive technique that uses suture material to try and resuspend the soft issues of the face. They are marketed as a minimum downtime and recovery with no external scarring but, in my experience, produce universally disappointing and temporary results. 

Thread lift

This is just another brand name for a thread lift. It may work, but it sounds like it's for mild sagging. A surgical facelift would be more effective for moderate to severe concerns.

Branded Facelifts

There are so many nranded facelifts it is g=hard t keep up. nstead of the name of the list, carefully check he credentilas and the training if your PS the link and video wil be a big help

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette lift versus a comprehensive facial rejuvenation

The silhouette lift is a variation on placement of  a thread lift to temporary  lift skin.
 A comprehensive facial rejuvenation involves  tightening the neck muscles in 3 locations, tightening the facial muscles and jowls, removal of fatty deposits above and below the  platysma neck muscle, a platysma plasty, and conservatively tightening skin. For many examples, please see the link below 2 are comprehensive  facelift  Photo Gallery

The Silhouette Lift is a Marketing Term for a Facelift

The silhouette lift is a variant of the thread lift. This procedure uses sutures with barbs that hold the soft tissue in a suspended position. Unfortunately, with time, the barbs lose their traction and the patient develops recurrent facial skin sag. For this reason, the procedure has been widely criticized. The procedure has significant expense and is associated with minimal improvement.

It’s not unusual for these types of procedures to be given names that have marketing value. Descriptive terms like; smart, lunch hour and laser are added to standard terms like facelift, to make them sound as if they represent new technology. In reality, this leads to significant confusion amongst patients.