Opinions on Silhouette Lift?

Have you heard of the Silhouette Lift? If so, what is your opinion on this? Thanks!

Silhouette lift

+1
I have never heard if the silhouette lift.  Sounds like a catchy name wrapped up in a marketing campaign.  I don't know what is specifically done, but you are best off choosing the right surgeon who will be performing your procedure and pay less attention to the name given the procedure.

Silhouette lift versus a comprehensive facial rejuvenation

+1
 The silhouette lift is a variation on placement of  a thread lift to temporary  lift skin.
 A comprehensive facial rejuvenation involves  tightening the neck muscles in 3 locations, tightening the facial muscles and jowls, removal of fatty deposits above and below the  platysma neck muscle, a platysma plasty, and conservatively tightening skin. For many examples, please see the link below 2 are comprehensive  facelift  Photo Gallery

The Silhouette Lift is a Marketing Term for a Facelift

+1

The silhouette lift is a variant of the thread lift. This procedure uses sutures with barbs that hold the soft tissue in a suspended position. Unfortunately, with time, the barbs lose their traction and the patient develops recurrent facial skin sag. For this reason, the procedure has been widely criticized. The procedure has significant expense and is associated with minimal improvement.

It’s not unusual for these types of procedures to be given names that have marketing value. Descriptive terms like; smart, lunch hour and laser are added to standard terms like facelift, to make them sound as if they represent new technology. In reality, this leads to significant confusion amongst patients.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Silly Wet lifts Huh?

+1

All you have to do is peruse this very sites blog comments regarding these"cut the corner" type of lifts. My research indicates that your chance of a satisfactory outcome is 47%!. Now I don't know about you but that is unacceptable to us Board Certified plastic surgeons who daily perform the gold standard and have happy patients whose results will assuredly last for years.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Marketing terms and a facelift

+1

It used to be that advertising in plastic surgery, or medicine in general, was not the norm. Now of days, there are so many "cosmetic" surgeons who have approached these procedures without formal plastic surgery training, that they tend to use marketing, advertising and catchy names to try to promote business. Don't get fooled by a fancy ad, but make sure you discuss your complaints with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Jason Brett Lichten, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette Lift is a Thread LIft variation

+1

It really depends on how its done, is the bottom line. If the sutures that they use are not properly placed and done without proper dissection the results will be temporary. In order for the skin and muscle of the face to take on a new shape a significant amount of dissectiion is required to allow these tissues to readjust for the long term. I've done over 1200 facelifts so I know how the effects of a superficial lift is compared to a more traditional approach. There is a huge difference. With the minimal dissection they purport, the results are going to be temporary. Anything done in 45 minutes will not last years based on my pretty extensive experience with facelifting.

I hope that helps!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette Lift

+1

This procedure uses suture elevation of relaxed tissue to achieve facial rejuvenation.It is a straight-forward procedure with limited results. There's nothing wrong with that, as long as the patient has realistic goals. I have seen several patients who had this lift. I personally was not impressed with the results. My opinion may change in the future when I I see the work of another operator at a different time.

Named facelifts are OK - as long as they are backed up with Facts and not Fluff!

+1

Hello Belga,

This certainly is a confusing time for both Patients and Surgeons when it comes to facelifts.

Fact is there are a lot of Surgeons offering facelifts and some have decided to apply a "name" to their technique or variation to help stand out in the crowd. Be aware of the following:

1. No facelift is "revolutionary" or "groundbreaking". Surgical techniques always develop from and build on previously known techniques. An honest Surgeon will tell you how they came about naming their procedure and what is technically important about it.

2. if the marketing and "selling points" of a Surgeon's named facelift outweigh the proven clinical benefits (via research papers, former Patients, clinical experience, etc.) then you should certainly be cautious about it. The proof is always in the pudding, not the packaging!

3. Be wary of Corporate or "business first" practices - the values and day to day operations there tend not to be in line with traditional, ethical and effective Physician practices

Keep up your research and all will be well,

Dr. Kamran Jafri

Kamran Jafri, MD

Beware of named procedures for facelift.

+1

Silhouette lift, Quick lift, S-lift, Simoni lift, Beverly Hills lift, MACS lift. What else can I say? Beware of seeking facial rejuvenation based on a named procedure. What you want is a careful analysis of your own facial aging concerns and a careful plan to reverse those aging changes. Do not fall just for the marketing pitch of "less swelling, faster recovery" that seems to be the most important aspect of many sales pitches.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon