Silicone Injections in Lips/now Juvederm XC and 9 Days out Tingling Still?

Constant tingling and pain from the lip injection on my top lip. I wonder "IF" injecting the Juvederm XC into the top lip on top of the previous injected silicone (which had been in there for years. My question is will the Juvederm XC gel which was injected on top of the silicone mix then adhere to the minerals in the silicone to cause this great amount of tingling, like pins and needles... Open to help and comments please.

Juvederm Injected into Lip After Silicone

+2

There shouldn't be any problem having Juvederm injected into an area (this case the lip) where silicone was previously injected. The tingling and pain has nothing to do with that, but it is likely related to your recent Juvederm treatment. I suggest you follow up with your injector if it persists.

Silicone injections in the lips

+1
Our office spec ializes in the treatment of silicone injections to the buttocks, face, and soft tissue. Liquid silicone in primarily used to enhance soft tissue volume and patients gravitate towards the filler because of its permanence.We see patients from across the country who have complications arising from silicone injections to soft tissue.The silicone, depending on the amount of contaminants contained in the injection, can cause a severe inflammatory reaction that can cause permanent changes to the skin, leading to pain, itching, burning, ulcers, fibrosis, and swelling, among other problems. In our plastic surgery office, we have employed conservative as well as surgical protocols to help patients deal with the permanent deformities stemming from PMMA, biogel, biopolymer, biopolimera, artefill, artecoll, and other injections.
The first stage in improving your condition would be to schedule a consultation to discuss your options after a complete examination is made. We typically advise against adding more fillers if there is inflammation within the soft tissue.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS