Signs of Moldy Impants Infections on Breast Implants? I Have Had Them 7 Years and the Last 6 Months I Have Been Really Sick.

I got my breasts done 7 years ago saline implants under the muscle. They went through my under arm to put them in. The pain now is in my my arm, under arm, shooting down my arm. My boob is very sore to touch and have pain sometimes in it also. The pain is really bad under the arm and the side of my breast. I have developed a dry cough as well and my mind is so foggy. Are these signs of a moldy implant? I have had x rays and they turned out fine. Please looking for answers

Signs of Moldy Impants Infections on Breast Implants?

+1

Implants can become infected at any time post-operatively, and your symptoms are worrisome.  I would advise you to see your PS as soon as you can to make sure there isn't a problem with your implants (whether or not it's officially "mold").  Hopefully it is something minor that can be treated with antibiotics and it will resolve on its own.  In more extreme cases, however, implants need to be removed for a period of time and then, if desired, reinserted at a later date.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Symptoms 7 years after breast augmentation

+1

Any time you develop symptoms that are a source for concern, especially if you are concerned about an infection associated with your implants, you should have a physician or your plastic surgeon evaluate you. Pain in the area of your breast implants can be due to any number of things. Unfortunately, it will be impossible to provide you with a proper diagnosis without the benefit of an exam. Thank you for sharing your concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Signs of Moldy Impants

+1

If you are suffering to this extent, you should visit your plastic surgeon and be evaluated in person.  Online advice is helpful in general terms but problems of your kind require a very good history and extensive physical exam.  After such an interaction your plastic surgeon will develop a list of potential reasons and work through them to help get to the bottom of the problem.  

Al Aly, MD

Breast Implant issues

+1

I have never seen an infected implant, nor heard of one 7 years later.  You should see your Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible.  He may want to remove your implants.  Best of luck!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD