Do I Have Signs of Capsular Contracture? (photo)

So I am exactly 5 weeks post op breast augmentation. Recovery was quite smooth with no problems; started as 32a and had 335cc tear drop silicone unders done. My only concern is that the left side is showing premature signs of CC?? The left side seems slightly higher while the right seems to have dropped nicely, Kindly comment :) help!!"

Normal result following a breast augmentation

+3

Your breast augmentation  looks good and there is no evidence of an early capsular contracture so just follow your post operative instructions.  

Capsular contracture soon after breast augmentation

+2

This will be due to post-operative swelling and should spontaneously improve with time. Implants often 'drop' asymmetrically, since most people are right or left handed and often the implant on your 'handed' side may take a little longer to drop.

Sultan Hassan, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Early capsular contracture?

+2

Hello, it is too early to develop capsular contracture.  These changes that you are noticing are from post operative swelling.  Be patient and follow up with your surgeon if you have any further concerns.  Best of luck.

Elsa M. Raskin, MD
Greenwich Plastic Surgeon

Capsular Contracture?

+2

Too early to see a contracture. This looks like a typical normal early post op photo. All the best. 

Contracture

+2

You are too soon post op to develop capsular contracture, these changes you are noting are due to the post operative swelling.  Have patience as it is very early for you to determine these changes right after surgery.

Sandra L. Margoles, MD
Greenwich Plastic Surgeon

Five weeks after breast augmentation is too early for capsular contracture.

+2

Breasts that look artificially supported five weeks after breast augmentation are that way because of swelling. Although the cells that generate capsular contracture may be present at five weeks, the not yet capable of creating that undesirable phenomena.

Probably Not Capsular Contracture After Breast Augmentation

+1
Judging from your photo, it does not appear that you have capsular contracture. Your right breast may have just dropped before the left, and this is common. The dropping process can take up to four months. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Your breasts look normal

+1

your breasts look very well, I do not think that there are some sign of capsular contracture  since it  is too early for that, the surgery  is pretty recent for  that reason  swelling has no gone,  after 2  month  the  implants are going to droop  to its final level and then your breasts could   look more   symetrical  than they are  
I  recommend you to be patient and wait.

Jose Luis Acosta Collado, MD

No Contracture

+1

Thank you for your photo. You have a very nice result.  I do not believe you are developing a capsular contracture at 5 weeks.  Allow time to settle your implants.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

5 Weeks Post op Too Early to See Capsular Contracture

+1

Dar Javeroo4- It is way too early in your recovery to determine any problems with your breast augmentation.  Your result looks fine and the implant haven't finished dropping.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD