Significantly Asymmetric Eyes Two Weeks After Upper Blepharoplasty

Can this improve over the time or should I plan for revision? The asymmetry was visible immediately after the surgery (left eye was significantly narrower than right eye). Also it seems that more fat has been removed from inner corner of right eye than from that of the left eye. Which eye was not done properly? What is the earliest when revision blepharoplasty can be made? As there is very limited number of plastic surgeons in my country, I would really appreciate answers from professionals.

Asymmetry after blepharoplasty

+2

Often asymmetries that patients observe after surgery were present before their operation, but went unnoticed. Any new asymmetry which may be due to the surgery itself should be evaluated for possible correction. Eyelid issues should ideally be addressed by oculoplastic surgeons or ophthalmologists.

Eyelid Asymmetry

+1

It is alway better to wait for complete healing and to let all the swelling subside.  This is usually around 3-6 months.  Currently what I see is that your upper left eyelid is at a slightly lower level than your right.  Also the right eye shows slight more of the white portion toward the corner than the left.

Wait the appropriated time then judge.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Asymmetric Eyes AFTER Blepharoplasty

+1
The most common cause for post-surgical eye asymmetries is PRE-surgical existing asymmetries which are unrecognized, not pointed out to the patient and poorly to unadressed. In your case you have drooping of the left upper lid which covers the colored portion of the eye. This EITHER existed before your surgery OR is the result of the surgery if the tendinous insertion (Levator aponeurosis) connecting the lid lifting muscle to the lid plate was damaged during surgery. There is some rounding of the outside corner of the tighteye as well. The sagging CAN be corrected, but this is best done by surgeon who specializes in eyelid surgery especially when it is dopne as a revision.I would wait at least 4-5 months for the swelling to subside before going back in. There MUST be good Plastic surgeons in Riga who can take care of this issue. Good luck. Dr. Aldea