Significant Swelling 15 Days After Chin Implant - Is This Normal?

I had a chin implant via intra-oral surgery. It’s been 2 wks, and my chin is still largely swollen. It sticks out in an unnaturally disproportionate manner. My doctors says I’m still swelling. I understand patience is key, but I’m worried: Is significant swelling after 15 days normal? What’s abnormal?

Swelling can be normal after chin implant

Dear Plunge

First and foremost, if you are concerned with the swelling, call your surgeon so your healing can be checked.  

The process of healing can take months.

• If your surgeon believes that the swelling is normal and doesn't represent fluid or infection, then:
  • it is not uncommon for slight  temporary numbness around the chin implant for weeks after surgery.. 
  • Having some numbness of the chin can make your chin feel more swollen
    • (Just like our lips feel big after a dentist numbs a tooth)

Best Wishes

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon