Is There Significant Stretch Mark Removal from the Fraxel Laser?

I have had my first fraxel treatment on my stretch marks a week and a half ago. I was just curious if anyone has seen cases where stretch marks were almost completely gone. The doctor I have seen has been featured in many magazines, and on the news multiple times.

He told me mine were the best possible stretch marks for treatment. I will only need a few treatments and he said he cant promise they will be gone, but he has seen some cases where they have been reduced so you barely notice them.

Stretch marks and the V-beam and Fraxel lasers

+1

If the stretch marks are acute and red, then V-beam laser treatment can help fade them to look less apparent.  The Fraxel Restore laser when done in some patients can help improve the mature white atrophic stretch marks, but in no cases do I see them vanish, and in some patients there is no improvement. There is a risk of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

Stretch marks are very difficult to treat with lasers

+1

Stretch marks are very difficult to treat with lasers.  Any doctor who promises lasers will treat stretch marks needs to show you some before/after shots first.  Stretch marks can be improved with laser, but it’s difficult. 

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

fraxel frequently helps with stretchmarks, but certainly not all the time

+1

i have been using fraxel in schenectady ny for over three years and  have found that it is sometimes very helpful; on the other hand, the results can sometimes be disappointing. I don't know of any modality that's better for striae, but you must be willing to deal with variable amounts of improvement if you decide to use this treatment.

hope it turns out well for you and that the treating physician gave you the straight story before you went forward.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon