Do You Think Sientra Implant Would Help Correct Asymmetry? Should Both Breasts Be Re-done? I Want to Look Better!

My doctor wants to use a Sientra teardrop shaped implant in one of my breasts. This will be my 3rd surgery since May. I have a mild case of pectus and had an implant rupture. First surgery, he used Mentor Gel implants of the same CC's (405 moderate/Classic profile), so asymmetry wasn't corrected. Second surgery, he used a 550cc High profile implant in just the left breast. He now wants to use a Sientra implant to try and correct symmetry. He has never used them and I'm worried about outcome. Help!

Sientra Implants

+1
Hi, 
Yes, you have received a nice improvement from you second surgery.  Although your left nipple is lower, this most likely was there preop.  So those preop pictures would help.  I think you are on the right track, and yes, Sientra would be a good implant to use! Ask your PS about lifting the left nipple.  All the best,  Dr. Joe

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Sientra implants for revisionary breast surgery

+1
Your plastic surgeon appears to have made some improvements with your breast revision surgery. You appear to have some differences in skin envelope and nipple/areolar position which could be addressed to further improve your symmetry. A Sientra implant could certainly be used in any revisionary breast surgery.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Sientra Breast Implants: Safe and More Shape Choices

+1

First of all, I think the difference between the preoperative and postoperative photos indicate that you are more symmetical than before and your plastic surgeon has made some significant accomplishments. Most important are the measurements and physical exam in determing implants. Sientra implants have a much wider range of choices and is an excellent company that makes a safe product. Based on the results I see presently, and if you have continued trust in your surgeon I would take his recommendations. If not seek a second opinion from a board certiied plastic surgeon. It is important to know that the goal is improvement and it is rare to have two completely symmetric breasts even without a pectus deformity.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Hi

+1

As you have already seen, I don't think there will be any magic in the choice of devices, rather I would recommend having a lift with acellular dermal matrix (Strattice) and smaller round, low profile devices.

Todd Sisto, MD
Ocala Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

It is very hard to say or give you adequate advice without knowing your complete history. Whether you’re using Sentra, Mentor or Allergan asymmetry can be improved but, it will never be perfect. Every woman has asymmetrical breast, your breast will never be 100% perfect.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Assymetry of breasts

+1

Whether you use a sientra implant or some other companies, there still may be asymmetry. Mild asymmetry is normal.

Sientra implant

+1

The major cause of your current asymmetry may be related to having a narrow (high profile) implant on the left and a flatter, wider (moderate profile) implant on the right.  I have found that using different profiles for each breast often gives unsatisfactory symmetry.  A teardrop (contoured) implant is unlikely to correct your problem unless the profile is lower. I find tear drop shapes make little difference overall.  Your problem may be somewhat complex because it appears you may need your right pocket narrowed medially (on the inner side) which is called capsulorraphy.  Discuss thoroughly with your PS. Best of luck to you.

Andrew Stewart, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry Revision After Two Failed Attempts

+1

Having had two surgeries in the past 5 months is alot, and you want to make sure that you are adequately healed before undergoing a third revision in such a short time span.  It is common to have patients wait at least three months between surgeries to allow everything to soften, settle, and become stable.  At that point, you have a good idea of how the previous surgery has done, and can then make an informed decision.  That being said, anytime someone has a chest wall deformity and natural breast asymmetry, there is always going to be some degree of post-operative asymmetry.  Based on your pictures, it appears that you could use a lift on the breast that sits lower, since your left nipple appears to sit about 1-2 cm lower than the right.  With regards to implants, it is very hard to say based on these photographs.  It would be worth going for a second opinion in your area, just to have another pair of eyes examine you and give you some direct feedback.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon