I Have Different Sides of Nose? (photo)

Both sides of my nose are different. On right side of my nose i feel hardened mass or may be cartilage missing and this give very bad appearance to my nose. I didnt broke my nose any time in past but i have this habit of pinching my nose. i discovered this after i noticed asymmetric nostrils. I want to know what could be the reason for this and how it could fixed without surgery .

rhinoplasty for asymmetrical nose

+1

Any time the nasal bones are crooked, there will always be a long side the short side. Osteotomies are required to straighten the  nasal bones and make them even. Spreader grafts are placed on the concave side when necessary. Please see the link below for examples of  crooked noses we have straightened in our practice

Nasal Asymmetry

+1

Everyone has some degree of facial/nasal asymmetry.  This is normal.  There may be certain things that can be done to improve the appearance of your nose.  A thorough evaluation of both the inside as well as the outside of the nose is needed before making any recommendations.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Unequal Nostrils

+1

Asymmetry is the RULE not the exception. This is commonly seen in faces, eyes, noses, breasts and even limbs. I seriously doubt that any nose pinching led to this. You appear to have an indented lower lateral cartilage. Unfortunately, there is no permanent nonsurgical solution to this but it MAY be temporarily be hidden by the injection of fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane.

Good Luck.

Peter Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN