Both Sides of Nasal Bridge Are Achy

Is it normal for the nose to ache if the nasal bones have been broken (my surgery was 2 weeks ago)? The pain is not excruciating at all BUT I am aware of the tenderness - especially if I touch the sides of the nose. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Achy nose

+2

It's normal for your nose to be achy 2 weeks after surgery.  But I would try to refrain from touching it a lot - it takes several weeks for the bones to completely heal.  Your soreness will slowly improve over the next few weeks.  If there is anything else abnormal like redness or increase in swelling in addition to your soreness, i'd advise you see your plastic surgeon to make sure there is nothing else wrong.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+2
Yes, this is quite normal. In fact, it would not be unusual for your nose to remain sensitive for many months after surgery. The discomfort will get significantly better every month.

Anita Mandal, MD
Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon