Can Sides of my Nose Be Narrowed with Scar Tissue Removal? (photo)

I had upturned curved nose, with wide, undefined tip. 2009 I had tip plasty to remove skin between tip and nasal flaps. Made tip look bigger. I had revision 2010, & 2nd revision Mar. 2011. He took from sides of tip only. I have poor definition in tip itself. I have thick skin, and 4 steroid shots. Last one was recent and it's done nothing. Will tip get narrower on sides? If not, will surgically removing scar tissue help soften tip and give me more definition? Thanks!

Scar Tissue Removal

+1

While you have already had several surgeries, I am reluctant to be confident that this scar tissue can be effectively removed and not returned.  However, I do have extensive experience with these procedures, and oftentimes I can achieve quite consistent results.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for a wide tip

+1

Dear A_newdawn37,

• It looks like it has been 18 months since your last revision
  • I don't think the nose is going to change much
  • The tip you have could be due to scar tissue (but it usually responds to steroids), or more likely cartilage
  • If you aren't getting the results you want, you may need to seek another opinion

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Enough of the cortisone shots to the nose, before more damage is done.

the pictures posted can not be evaluated, you need in person evaluation and examination. You seem to have a wide bridge and wide boxy tip.