Side Profile Concerns? (photo)

Hi, My side profile bothers me very much. My nose & chin I have no problem with from a straight on view but from the side I despise my look. I would truly appreciate some honest expert advise on which I should do, chin implant or rhinoplasty? Chin implant or injections? I also feel as though getting my lips plumped up a bit will help greatly with this balancing act. I am worried at my consult the doctor will suggest both due to making more money & just want some help. thank you!!!

Rhinoplasty, Chin Implant, Lip Filler...Which, All, Some, or None for Profile Concerns?

+2

Hi Katie,

Excellent question.  Your chin is slightly underprojected and your nose is slightly over projected.  If cost is a concern I would recommend a chin implant augmentation first.  In the perfect world where money was no issue, your chin would be augmented and your nose deprojected with rhinoplasty at the same time.  I would hold off at injecting your lips at this point.  Most importantly you should take your time and select your facial surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Chin and nose

+2

A small silastic chin implant can give a little more chin projection to match the nose profile.  Performing a rhinoplasty would reduce the overall projection of the tip and add a cartilage graft to the bridge

Rhinoplasty or chin implant?

+2

Dear Katie,

You are young and have attractive facial features.

On the side profile, your nose is fairly nicely balanced, but the radix (starting point) of the nose is a bit low. The chin is also slightly small.

My suggestion would be to try a filler like Radiesse to augment the radix and to give some volume to the chin to see if you like the look. If you are happy with it, you might want to consider a chin implant as a more permanent alternative.

-Dr. Asaria

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon