Side Profile After 325 Mentor Mod Plus Submuscular Implants

Hi, 5 months post op with nil complications. Lift and aug at the same time.Concerned my implants may not be dropping enough by this time and perhaps? could I be heading for another small lift. I know I need to wait until the 6 month mark. Just wondering what the experts think on my 'current' side profile.Thankyou very much.

Implants too high, too wide causing upper pole fullness

+2

From the photos, it appears that your implants may be high. However, they also are overly large at least as regards base diameter. A higher profile implant would be more ideal for you given the apparent size that you wanted.

I would allow several more months for scar maturation but I believe that the major issues are too broad an implant that may have been placed too high.

Implants that are too "high" after breast augmentation with lift

+2

Your implants appear high five months after your surgery.  This may improve slightly over the course of the next few months, but I'm not convinced they will "drop" much more.  If by one year they still appear too "high" you may want to discuss with your surgeon the possibility of surgically revising the pocket where the implant is currently sitting.  Sometimes the pectoral muscle needs to be  adjusted to allow the implant to settle down more.

Be patient for now but keep close follow up appointments with your plastic surgeon.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Breaast augmentation and lift results

+2

Based on your photos:

1)  you have a lot of fullness in the upper part of the breasts,

2)  the scars are tight, and give a banding effect when you raise your arms,

3)  the nipple / areolar area looks a little low on the breast.

Personally, I wait a little longer before a revision, but would like to see the implants better centered behind the nipple/areolar complex.  There are a few different ways to achieve this.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Implants high after breast lift.

+2

Your photos appear to show that your scars are still red/active and therefore not fully matured.  The end result may not be seen for up to 10 months and so there is no harm to be patient while the tissues fully mature and settle.  Presently the appearance is the implants are too high and the scar below your breast is short and tight.  However nobody beats gravity and no ones tissues get better with time.  Patience should allow the bottom portion of your breasts to round out for a improved contour. 

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

5 months post aug lift

+2

It looks like they are a bit high, but you are only 5 months out.  I would give it some more time to settle. If not, then you may need a small release.

Breast implants still high after breast augmentation and lift

+2

I have seen implants dropping for up to 9 months after surgery. It is unlikely that you will see major changes but I would defer any surgery for at least 9 months after the first procedure. Use of exercises may help.

Implants still high after breast lift

+2

You seem to have a bit more fullness in the upper breasts then expected. It would be nice if the implants dropped more and rounded out your lower breast. It is unlikley they will drop much more in 1 month however. Ask your surgeon if the implants can be lowered (perhaps more muscle needs to be released at the lower portion of the breast, or you have formed capsules that have displaced the implants). Another lift alone will still leave the upper breast very full.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Breasts Augmentation/Mastopexy Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Overall, you appear to be doing well after your breastaugmentation/mastopexy procedure. Whether your implants are too high depends on what your goals are. Some patients aim  to have long-term  fullness/“round” look along the superior poles of the breasts.

I would  suggest continued patience and follow up with your plastic surgeon.  Hopefully you will end up very pleased with the results of your procedure.