What Do You Think is Possible For my Nose with my Side Profile?

Hello, I am considering surgery , I quite like my nose from the from the front but from the side I feel it isnt soft enough, I dislike my nostrils. What you you suggest doing? many thanks

Nasal bump reduction and alarplasty

+1
Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty that will improve the way your nose looks to complement your facial features in a natural fashion. The bump on your nasal bridge shown in the picture should be addressed along your nostrils in a harmonious manner. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

+1

It is not unusual to desire a reduction in the area of what people call the "hump".  It is important that you approach an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon so that your nose is evaluated very well along with your very specific wishes.  Rhinoplasty surgery is complex and even in routine cases like yours, requires an experienced surgeon who can determine your needs and create realistic expectations for you. 

So the moral of the story is: see an experienced surgeon and consider more than one consult. 

Good luck. 

Al Aly, MD

Unhappy with nose from the side

+1

Many patients are unhappy with their nose when viewed from the side due to a dorsal hump.  In most Western cultures, the dorsum (bridge) of the nose in a woman should be slightly concave; whereas in men, it should be straight or slightly convex.  Reducing the hump can lead to dramatic "softening" of the nose giving a more feminine appearance.

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon