What Do You Think is Possible For my Nose with my Side Profile?

Hello, I am considering surgery , I quite like my nose from the from the front but from the side I feel it isnt soft enough, I dislike my nostrils. What you you suggest doing? many thanks

+1

It is not unusual to desire a reduction in the area of what people call the "hump".  It is important that you approach an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon so that your nose is evaluated very well along with your very specific wishes.  Rhinoplasty surgery is complex and even in routine cases like yours, requires an experienced surgeon who can determine your needs and create realistic expectations for you. 

So the moral of the story is: see an experienced surgeon and consider more than one consult. 

Good luck. 

Unhappy with nose from the side

+1

Many patients are unhappy with their nose when viewed from the side due to a dorsal hump.  In most Western cultures, the dorsum (bridge) of the nose in a woman should be slightly concave; whereas in men, it should be straight or slightly convex.  Reducing the hump can lead to dramatic "softening" of the nose giving a more feminine appearance.

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon