Why Does One Side of my Nose Appear Longer Than the Other After Rhinoplasty?

I had rhinoplasty surgery nearly 2 months ago. I had my dorsal hump removed, an osteotomy and cartilage placed on sides.When I look in the mirror at an angle, the left side of my nose looks good, but the right side looks more swollen and longer around the bottom 2/3 of the nose. The right side just does not appear equal,and it is quite noticeable.I was just wondering if this could still be swelling in my nose or is this something that's permanent, because as of right now I'm hating my decision to get the surgery.

2 months after rhinoplasty

+1

First, there is always asymmetry in the nose. It can never be completely symmetric. Second, more than likely you still have swelling in the nose.  You really have to give it 6 months to a year.

one side of my nose appear longer

+1

Need a photo or my guess is either still swollen or a poor result. Go seek opinions from other surgeons. Better yet wait a full 2 months.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Asymmetry after Rhinoplasty

+1

You may have asymmetrical swelling or actual structural asymmetry, which not resolve. It is too soon for a revision if that is necessary. Talk to your surgeon; as Dr Persky said, small droplets of steroid injection may help the swelling.

Nasal Asymmetry Two Month After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It is still too early to tell what your nose will ultimately look like after your rhinoplasty two months ago.  Plus there is nothing to do about it at this time other than possibly Kenalog injections.  Discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon and follow directions.  Let us know how things are in about 4 more months. 

Hope that you heal well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD