One Side of Nose Isn't Functioning at All After Rhinoplasty?

I had rhinoplasty to reduce the hump using osteotomies and raise the tip. Doctor removed the tampons the next morning, and I couldn't breathe at all from one side. It wasn't even stuffy, it just was blank. The other side was and is stuffy that's all. But I am very worried about the other side... Is it normal to not even be able to sniff/exhale/smell/breathe from one side after rhinoplasty? I didn't have breathing concerns before..

+1

Within the first few days to weeks following the surgery, swelling can be a major determinant in air flow and fluid dynamics.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php