Why Does One Side of my Face Droop Down when I Smile After I Have Had Radiesse Injected on Both Sides of my Smile Line?

It's been 10 days since I had Radiesse injected on both sides of my smile line, and now, one side of my face is drooping and looks like I had a stroke,,,,, I need help,,, what can be done to fix this??? 

+1

Follow up with your medical provider for an evaluation, you may need more product or touch up to correct this issue 

Radiesse asymmetry

+1

If you have any asymmetry associated with your Radiesse injection, return to your surgeon for evaluation and he or she can provide you with appropriate options.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial droop after Radiesse

+1

When injecting smile lines (nasolabial folds) unintentional filler flow to the lateral portion of the fold can cause facial drooping. You need to return to your injecting physician for reevaluation. The nasolabial fold has unique anatomy: numerous types of tissue and tissue planes converge in this region. Due to this, filler injected in the center of the fold can have a tendency to flow lateral upon injection. If this happens, the lateral portion of the fold is augmented instead of the center. This causes the fold to look thicker and deeper and the patient to look worse instead of better.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

It's much more likely that the added volume, created by the Radiesse injections, is decreasing the ability of the one side to move up when you smile.  Radiesse injections shouldn't affect the motor nerves used when smiling in any way.  

Facial Droop After Radiesse

+1

Please return to your injector to be evaluated.  You may need a touch up to correct any asymmetry from your initial treatment.   

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist