One Side of my Face Looks Older Than the Other. What is the Best Way to Address This Issue?

My derm said this is likely a result from driving (one side of my face gets more sun than the other). I am quite bothered by this; I am only 25 and I am hoping to correct this before it gets worse. The side that looks worse has a rough texture, fine lines, and slightly enlarged pores. What would be the appropriate treatment for this? Would you suggest laser on the "bad" side followed by a chemical peel? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Resurfcaing to correct asymmetry

+1

Without photos or an in person exam it is impossible to give you any meaningful or accurate advice that you can hang your hat on so you must take all of this advice with a grain of salt, but many people do see more sundamge on their left side for the reason that you mention.  Your physican will be able to give you good advice after you are examined.  Good luck.

Asymmetric photodamage of the face

+1

Laser resurfacing can provide better skin contraction than a chemical peel, so the laser can help texture, color, fine lines and some tightening. This does require significant downtime. Both sides can be treated by the energy settings might be set to reach deeper and/or more dense settings may be used on the more damaged side.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Sun damage and the face

+1

While it certainly is possible to have more damage on one side of the face versus the other from sun exposure, it is likely you have similar damage on the other side of your face but to a lesser degree. You may want to consider having both sides of the face treated and perhaps to a lesser degree on the better appearing face. It seems appropriate that the advice you are receiving from your dermatologist is good but without pictures no further comments can be made. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

One side vs the other of a face.

+1

NO Photos!!!! Very hard to give accurate advise to you under these circumstances. If the "derm" recommends a laser than chemical peel I have no issue with that. Regards from MIAMI Dr. B