Side Effects of Yearly Restylane or Radiesse Shots in Nose?

I didn't like the outcome of my primary rhinoplasty and would like to wait about five years to have a revision. The right side of my bridge settled much lower than the left and gives it a crooked appearance. I have been going in every 6 months to have restylne treatments to cover the flaw. Is there any risk in continually having these treatments with radiesse or restylane for an extended period of time?

Side effects of recurrent fillers

+1

I would agree with the other physicians. I have seen some patients with a cummulative effect after repeated filler injections over an extended period. If you are considering a revision rhinoplasty, this scarring could result in some vascular compromise of the skin and increase your risk of skin slough at the next surgery. If you are considering a revision rhinoplasty, I would consider doing it sooner rather than later.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Potential consequences of Repeated Restylane and Radiesse Nose Injections (Non-Surgical Nose Job)

+1

Regarding: "Side Effects of Yearly Restylane or Radiesse Shots in Nose?
I didn't like the outcome of my primary rhinoplasty and would like to wait about five years to have a revision
. The right side of my bridge settled much lower than the left and gives it a crooked appearance. I have been going in every 6 months to have restylne treatments to cover the flaw. Is there any risk in continually having these treatments with radiesse or restylane for an extended period of time
?"

Every procedure and surgery have risks and complications. Although very small the sheer fact that the skin is breached by a sterile needle delivering the filler may lead to bleeding and or infection. The cumulative effect of Restylane is related to some formation of scar padding but the same scar could potentially interfere with the blood supply in the depressed area or the area of repeated injections potentially leading to a depression, skin thinning or ulceration. For this reason, I would prefer the Restylane over the Radiesse for repeated use because it has a better safety record.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Repeated Non-surgical Nose Job (Rhinoplasty)

+1

As Dr. Lupo has stated, there may be some cumulative benefits. However, nothing is risk free and there is the potential for vascular compromise. That means interruption of the blood supply even with the same technique that has been used in the past, can result in loss of nasal skin and a scar.

No long term risks

+1

I have patients who have been having Restylane injections yearly since 2003. In fact, I see a cumulative benefit when injections are done regularly. Each time there are risks of bruising and the nose must always be an area of caution because of the circulation, but there is no problem from repeated injections over many years.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist