Side Effects of Prolonged Wearing of Compression Garment After Liposuction?

I had a liposuction at love handles and thighs a year ago, eversince i keep wearing the compression garment whenever i go out as it gives a better shaping. Recently i noticed that my skin got loose and it is like there is water inside my body it is not firm as it used to be. My butt is like two bags of water, its very loose. I cant get rid of the garment, cant wear my clothes without wearing it. Is all of this because of wearing the garment for too long? How can I get my body firm again ? Thanks

Wearing Compression Garment for Too Long after Liposuction

+1

Wearing compression garments beyond six weeks should not cause any long term issues, and I do not think that the buttock issues are caused by the garment.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

There is no downside to wearing a compression garment after liposuction long term.

+1

Most patients are ready to chuck their compression after 6 weeks.  Some patients like the way the feel in them and wear them for months or even years.  There is no problem with that.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag.php?ID=20

I do not think the compression garment is causing your symptoms

+1

Hello

Thank you for the question.  I cannot envision how a compression garment on your waist would increase the laxity of your buttocks.  I would first look at other sources such as loss of muscle mass from restriction of exercise or other similar common potential causes.  If you want to exclude the compression garment as a source you can simply stop wearing the compression garment and see if any changes occur.

All the best

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: Http://aaaplasticsurgery.com