Laser Liposuction Side Effects

Can Laser Lipolysis cause damage in the stomach, intestines, etc. or cause any kind of infection? Can you get pregnant after you have the Laser Lipo?

No damage

+1
Laser Lipolysis should not cause damage to the stomach or intestines. It does not cause infection. If you can get pregnant before laser lipolysis, you can get pregnant after laser lipolysis.

Skin Burns and puckering are probably the worst side effects with Laser Liposuction but uncommon.

+1

Lasers were more popular a yr or two ago but as we are seeing side effects of skin burns or puckering from inexperienced docs, it is becoming less used and cheaper as well because of that. Laser lipos can do well in the right hands though. I prefer the tumescent local lipo with the micro canulas to give the best results and fast recovery. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Many potential devastating complications are possible but not probable with liposuction

+1

You absolutely can become pregnant after laser lipolysis but you generally would not want to contemplate this procedure if you are currently planning on becoming pregnant due to the multiple medications you may recieve.

IF you are asking if it is possible to injure your intestines, yes it is possible but not probable in the hands of an experienced surgeon. I liken surgery to driving a car. The yellow line that separates you from the oncoming opposite traveling traffic determines live and death. As long as you stay on your side of the road, you are generally safe. However, if you cross over the line or violate the "rules of the road", the consequences CAN be devastating.

I do not want to oversimplify but there is no easy answer.