What Are the Side Effects of Isolaz Treatment?

What the side effects for this treatment? I can't find them on this site or even the manufacturers site.

Isolaz treatment

+1

There are very few side effects form Isolaz.  There may be some pinkness for a few hours or rarely, a bruise from the vacuum.  Sun protection should be used.  If there is a history of cold sores (herpes simplex infection), oral antiviral medication should be started the day before the Isolaz treatment and continued for 5 days.

Toronto Dermatologist

Minimal Side Effects with Isolaz Treatment

+1

When performed in a doctor's office by the physician or a medical assistant trained to use Isolaz under the physician's supervision, there really aren't any long-lasting side effects.  After the treatment, patient's will have mild erythema (redness) of the treated areas for about 15 to 30 minutes. Some patients with moderate acne notice an initial worsening of their acne after the first or second treatment (which is expected), but then start to see an improvement after the third treatment usually.  I also tell my patients that are on antibiotics for their acne (ie. tetracycline, doxycycline) to hold it for a few days prior to treatment as they may be more sensitive to the light part of the treatment. I also recommend if a patient has had other facial treatments such as micro-dermabrasion or chemical peeling, to wait at least one week before doing an Isolaz treatment. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Side effects of Isolaz

+1

In competent hands, thare are few side effects from  Isolaz.

If you are taking Tetracycline or Doxycycline , you have to stop it for a few days before Isolaz treatment. If you are taking any other photosensitizing drugs, discuss it with your treating Dr or your Primary  Care Dr. about stopping it/them, otherwise you may get a severe sunburn. If you are getting chemical peels, wait  one week before Isolaz.

All these details have to be discussed with your treating Dr before you start treatment.

Always make sure you are being treated by an experienced, Board Certified Dermatologist.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist