Fat Removed From Under Eyes. Can I Get Silikon 1000?

Are There Side Effects when Injected for Hollowness Under the Eye Area if Skin Was Removed. I have had eye sujury and they removed fat from bottom lid so it looks hollow would that effect the sillikon 1000 since fat was removed?

Silikon 1000 for periorbital use

+2

Although Silikon 1000 is indicated for opthalmologic use, I would exercise extreme caution in it's off label use in the soft and thin ttissues surrounding the periorbital region.

Silikon-1000 may be used by experienced physicians for lower eyelid rejuvenation after previous blepharoplasty surgery.

+1

In my practice, Silikon-1000 is the preferred off-label filler for restoring lower eyelid volume after previous blepharoplasty. You must find a physician experienced in the proper serial-puncture, microdroplet technique of liquid silicone administration. And your physician must be experienced in the delicate art of filling lower eyelid hollows. You should also see many favorable photos before proceeding.

When performed properly, Silikon-1000 may lead to permanent, natural-looking restoration of lower eyelid volume. I have not seen the Tyndall effect, seen with hyaluronic acid fillers, in any of my patients treated with silicone in the lower eyelids. 

Your results are definitely technique dependent, so choose your injector wisely.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon