What Side Effects Should I Expect After Injections of Botox?

I recently just got 13 units done of botox, I've gotton the "vampire facelift" in my previous work but never botox and I just wanted to know what to expect after wards ??

Botox for wrinkles

+1

You will have to ask this of the doctor who treated you with botox as I'm not sure what sites were injected on you and what dose/units per site were injected. The same patient can get a very different result depending on which doctor treats them.

Botox injections

+1

Since Botox is a very safe medication if used properly, there are very few side effects.  You may experience a small bruise at the injection site and very rarely, a headache or droopy eyelid.  It will take about 10 days to see the full effect of your Botox treatment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Side effects after Botox

+1

Botox is very well tolerated and side effects are uncommon. The most common side effects, which aren't common at all, are a headache and very mild bruising. There may also be temporary redness or swelling. Very uncommonly, particularly if not treated by an expert such as a dermatologist, there is the risk of an eyebrow or eyelid drooping for a few weeks; there is also the uncommon risk of a "spock brow."  Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Side Effects of Botox

+1

In general, Botox is extremely well tolerated with few if any side effects. Botox relaxes muscles that cause definition lines, wrinkles or fold in the skin. The effects of Botox are not immediate - if takes 1 to 2 weeks to see the full effects.

The most common side effects, if you get any at all, are bruising and swelling. These  reactions can be minimized by applying ice to the treated area or areas. Headache, numbness, and double vision have been reported in rare cases. A temporary eyebrow and eyelid droop or facial asymmetry can occur but is quite rare. This usually lasts between 2-4 weeks if it happens. In a very small number of patients, Botox does not work as well as anticipated or last as long.

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox expectations...

+1

It usually takes about a week for the results to set in. You can expect to have progressive difficulty in moving the muscles in the areas treated. With time and repeated treatments, the muscles will become atrophic--thinner and weaker--providing a more permanent result. The interval between treatments may lengthen as this occurs.

Curt Samlaska, MD

What to expect after BOTOX

+1

You may experience minor swelling or bruising at the injection sites after BOTOX treatments.  Within one week you will notice gradual softening of the facial lines in the treated area as the muscle activity is reduced.  In the brow region a slight lift can be seen as well .

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

What to expect after Botox

+1

Dear Raul,

-Expect to see the muscles get weaker each day

-Other than that, it will just take 5-7 days for the full effect to take place

Best regards

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD