Side Effects After Lipo and Abdominoplasty?

It's been 10 months since I had my Tummy tuck. 8 pounds of flesh were removed along with lipo. Drainage lasted 3 months and still feels like there is fluid. Had a second procedure to remove "puppy ears" as a result of the first operation. Now I have what I am calling popeye arms, they are really big around the top and still skinny under the elbow. WHY?

Lipo and abdominoplasty

+1

Based upon your question I am assuming that you had liposuction of your arms as well. Perhaps you have swelling still or the arms were over treated or under treated in certain parts. Hard to say without knowing pre-op and post-op and surgical procedures performed.

Your arms are not generally affected by your tummy tuck

+1

Seroma or fluid under the skin surface can occur in tummy tucks especially if there was a large amount of skin and fat removed.  There may be a seroma but it needs to be diagnosed by your plastic surgeon.  He or she may place a small needle around the fullness in the abdomen and see if fluid comes out through the syringe.  Sometimes, it can be diagnosed just by exam.  

The issue with the arms is pretty much separate and unrelated to the tummy tuck.  But, I would ask your plastic surgeon to see if there is anything that can be done for your arms such as an arm lift or liposuction.

Richard H. Lee, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Popeye Arms?

+1

You may in fact still have retained fluid/seroma.  You may ask your doctor to try to aspirate the fluid.

I don't know what was liposuctioned or what you mean regarding your arms, so please advise.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Hello

+1

Without and exam we cannot give you a diagnoses. You need to be seen by your PS to see what is going on and what can be done to help your situation.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS