One Side Dropping Faster?

I am 11 weeks post-op. My left side is dropping lower than my right side and my nipples are pointing at different direction and i feel like my right boob is a little smaller than my left boob. What's going on? How to fix this?

Uneven Breast Implant Settling After Surgery.

+1

Each breast will soften, settle, and attain its final resting position at a different rate. I agree with using a breast band or ace bandage on the high side applying comfortable but snug downward pressure. If the nipple position is the same on each side, usually things will correct themselves in time.  If the nipple is lower on the higher breast side, occasionally an implant pocket expansion may be required which can remedy things. A careful look at your preop photos may disclose a small difference in nipple position and breast fold position, such that these differences may remain after surgery even in a beautiful operation. Absolute symmetry may not be possible.  The distance from the bottom of each areolar pigmentation to the bottom of each breast should be about the same. If the distance is shorter on the high breast side, it could mean that the pocket is closing off a little.  Again, there can still be some settling on out to 6 months or more.

Breast implant healing

+1

Even though you had the same procedure on both of your breasts they will heal differently.  Many patients have one side that is higher after surgery, but most of the time it does resolve. I also encourage aggresive massage beginning one week after surgery and occassionally place patients in a band to apply constant downward pressure in order to get the implants to "settle".  I would recommend seeing your PS and express your concerns.  I hope this helps and good luck.

Kindest regards,

Neil J.Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Revision breast augmentation works.

+1

Hi.

If you are not happy at almost 3 months, I am afraid it is not likely that things will improve on their own.  Wait another 3 months, but you may well need a revision.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

One Breast Dropping Faster than the Other?

+1

Without pictures or an examination, it is difficult to give you accurate advice.

It is quite common for one side to settle / heal faster than the other side.  I suggest to my patients to continue with the aggressive massage on the side that hasn't settled yet.

I would suggest that you follow up with your plastic surgeon and allow him/her to help you through the recovery process. He/she will also be in the best position to rule out any complications that  may be responsible for the asymmetrical breast implant settling.

Hello

+1

Having your body heal differently on each side is normal. Hope your using a breast band to help your implants settle. As most women your breasts will never be 100% symmetrical it’s Mother Nature. Getting implants can help you there but it’s not a guarantee. Without pictures we are not able to be more accurate.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS