Can You Use a Siblings Skin to Due a Breast Reconstruction?

I have a mastectomy and considering breast reconstruction. I want skin not implants. Want to use skin from my sister who had gastrointestinal surgery. Is that possible? thanks 

Sibling skin

+1

Unless your sibling is an identical twin, you would have to use immunosuppressants to prevent rejection. 

Skin and fat from and identical twin can be used for breast reconstruction.

+1

The transfer can be done betwen identical twins.  This is how the first organ transplant, a kidney transplant, was able to be performed.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

If you are identical twins

+1

We had a case of breast reconstruction using the abdominal tissue from identical twins. Please discuss your desires with your plastic surgeon.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon