Can You Use a Siblings Skin to Due a Breast Reconstruction?

I have a mastectomy and considering breast reconstruction. I want skin not implants. Want to use skin from my sister who had gastrointestinal surgery. Is that possible? thanks 

Sibling skin

Unless your sibling is an identical twin, you would have to use immunosuppressants to prevent rejection. 

Skin and fat from and identical twin can be used for breast reconstruction.

The transfer can be done betwen identical twins.  This is how the first organ transplant, a kidney transplant, was able to be performed.

If you are identical twins

We had a case of breast reconstruction using the abdominal tissue from identical twins. Please discuss your desires with your plastic surgeon.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon