How much shrinking happens after nose job? Can I expect the nose to become half the current size or is it less dramatic? (photo)

Told my surgeon I want a flat nose from nose from the front but straight ( no inward curve) from the side. He assured me that it's do-able. Now I am 3 weeks post op, I understand that there is great swelling that needs months , but my nose is TOO large , sharp and protruding from the front especially between the eyes.

How much shrinking happens after a nose job?

+1

3 weeks is still soon after surgery, and there will be swelling present that will affect the appearance of your result. In general, it can take up to 18-24 months to see the final result of surgery. I would recommend following up with your surgeon regarding any post-operative concerns, as he/she knows the details of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com

Rhinoplasty recovery and swelling

+1

Three wks is too early to judge the appearance. One can expect a fair amount of edema reduction (perhaps 10 - 20 % - rough estimate of actual changes). A reduction to half the current size is unlikely to impossible. Talk to your surgeon about your feelings.

How much shrinking happens after nose job? Can I expect the nose to become half the current size or is it less dramatic?

+1

This really cannot be answered based upon the information and the single photo. I would recommend following with your surgeon at this point. The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php