Seroma (tummy tuck) look Normal? (7 wks post-op) (photo)

I'm 7 wks post op from total abdominal hysterectomy AND full tummy tuck. Still have decent amt of swelling. This SEROMA is right on my incision and has been oozing (11 days straight now), but is NOT infected. PS has been looking at it weekly. Finished 10-day course of Bactrim. 3 QUESTIONS: 1) How long might oozing last? 2) Anything I can do other than keep it from getting on my clothes? 3) Does it look "normal" to you? Thank you in advance!

+1

Agree with Dr Gottlieb. I question if you have a seroma or a wound issue. Local aggressive wound care is the plan to allow healing over the next few months. 

Seroma (tummy tuck) look Normal?

+1

There may or may not be a seroma underneath this area, but what I am seeing is an area of dehiscence, or wound breakdown. It is not surprising that there is drainage from this area.

Usually these will heal on their own with good dressing care, but occasionally if the healing stalls, closure, usually in the office under local anesthesia can speed this up. 

I wouldn't call this normal, but neither is it rare. After it is healed the scar will probably look the same as in all the other areas. 

Continue to follow up with your surgeon.Thanks for the photo and for the attached photos. Best wishes.