Will i be shown what my nose will look like after the procedure during the pre-op?

I'm very nervous and i just want to be positive that i will like the results, should i ask him to draw what it will look like on paper or something?

Will I be shown what my nose will look like after the procedure?

+1

Many surgeons use computer imaging software to morph a photo of the patient, which will give him or her an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. This serves as a fantastic communication tool between the patient and surgeon, and helps to ensure that the patient obtains a result he or she is happy with. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Appearance after rhinoplasty

+1

Computer imaging is pretty standard to get a reasonable idea of what you would look like after rhinoplasty. Small variations are expected from individual differences in skin thickness, swelling and scar tissue from the healing process. We always try to demonstrate a reasonable range of outcomes with computer imaging and try to help our patients select the degree of change they'd like as well as show what is realistically possible and what is not possible. Looking at your surgeon's before and after pictures of a large number of patients is also a good idea to make sure your expectations are realistic and that the surgeon you choose has the experience to achieve the outcome you are hoping to achieve.

Gregory J. Stagnone, MD

Virtual rhinoplasty computer imaging

+1

Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on the link below for you to try out prior to your consultation. Remember virtual rhinoplasty is a communication tool, not a guarantee of results. We use computer imaging in our office for rhinoplasty consults

Rhinoplasty

+1

Morphing is one tool that some surgeons use, however I will caution you that the soft tissues do not always adhere to how things are morphed. I personally do not like using the morphing software.

Pre operative imaging for rhinoplasty.

+1

Pre operative imaging for rhinoplasty only gives you an idea of your nose after surgery but does not tell you if the surgeon has the ability to produce that result. The surgeons actual results will tell you more about what you are likely to get than imaging. Our website has a imaging tool you can play with for as long as you want.

Rhinoplasty planning

+1
Most surgeons who do rhinoplasty can morph your photo to give you an ideal of what can be done to your nose. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Previewing Rhinoplasty Results

+1

During consultation discuss your expectations with your surgeon. He may want to take some photos so that he can show you the changes he plans to make. It is important to trust your surgeon, and go to a Plastic Surgeon who does lots of Rhinoplasty surgeries through the year. Experience is the key with finding a good Rhinoplasty surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Previewing Your Rhinoplasty Results

+1

Computer imaging is a valuable tool for communication between surgeon and patient. The idea here is to help show some possible outcomes with your procedure so that your surgeon and you can understand each others aesthetic and discuss what changes you like or don't. This preoperative communication is vital for both the surgeon and patient so that valuable planning can take place.

During the case, the surgeon will try and create your aesthetic. There are many variables in rhinoplasty so don't expect an exact facsimile of your nose after the procedure. Although imaging is a critical part of the surgeon and patient communication, there are many other factors to chose a rhinoplasty surgeon including before and after photographs, expertise, etc.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I frequently illustrate the changes that I will make to the nose so that the patient has a greater appreciation for what will be done and how the nose will look. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Preoperative nasal imaging

+1

Some practices do have imaging software that can provide a patient with a potential postoperative view of their nose prior to rhinoplasty surgery. Ask your plastic surgeon if this is available in his or her practice. Thank you for your question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD