Am I Showing Signs of Recurring Symmastia? 5'4 135lbs Originally 32AA. (photo)

I had my first BA in 2012 & showed signs of symmastia immediately aftr surgery.My first BA I recieved Moderate 525cc of sailine. I sought out repair 6 months later,was told I could bigger,recieved 600cc silicone implants, Dr used aloderm for repair.. I had space between my boobs for about 2 1/2 weeks before the skin started "tenting"... Well I'm on my 3rd BA and my dr used a High Profile implant and a id lots of "tacking" to make a new pocket for my new breasts.. am I developing symmastia again?

Am I Showing Signs of Recurring Symmastia?

+2

There is a clear separation between the implants, so this is not symmastia. Is it developing?? That I can't tell without knowing if that space is getting smaller or in any way changing with time. 

Follow up with your surgeon will tell. All the best. 

Too big implant

+1

At size 32 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  600 cc implants took you up 6 cup sizes.  Your breasts do not look normal, your areolas are pointing laterally, you are much too big and almost touching in the midline.  Your implants will continue to descend and you need a revision.  Smaller implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable long term, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Am I Showing Signs of Recurring Symmastia? 5'4 135lbs Originally 32AA.

+1

At present, you do not have symmastia.  If this develops again, find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Possible recurrence of synmastia

+1

It is difficult to determine if you are developing synmastia.  There is a space between your two breasts but can not judge if it is getting closer together.  If you had a synmastia repair I would have opted for a smaller not larger implant.  

Is my Symmastia recurring?

+1

From the looks of your pictures, no not right now, symmastia is a very difficult problem to deal with and it looks like your surgeon has done an excellent job...good luck in your recovery.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia After Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question. The photo you provided does not show symmastia. The bridge of skin between the breasts appears to be flat and not tented. However, it is difficult to determine from just 1 photo. Is the space between your breasts getting smaller or changing?

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD