Can I Shower Normally Once the Cast is Off?

Once my cast is off can I wash normally in the shower?

Can I shower normally once the cast is off?

You will generally have a hard cast on your nose for one week following surgery, and brown paper tape the second week. After the brown paper tape is removed, it is ok to proceed with your normal routine. I hope this helps, and best of luck!

120 South Spalding Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Showering After Rhinoplasty #nosejob

I assume you mean after a Rhinoplasty. Follow your surgeon's instructions, but yes in general, I would allow my patients to shower after the splint is removed.

Richard J. Brown, MD

11000 N Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Showering after Splint Removed Following Rhinoplasty

Showering without any rubbing or scrubbing of the nose should be OK after the splint is removed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Shower after rhinoplasty

Every surgeon has different post operative instructions. Personally I review these instructions during the patients preoperative appointment and they are also reviewed with the patients caregiver at surgical discharge. I allow my patients to shower shortly after surgery unless they have a drain in. I do ask my patients not to elevate the heat to high in the shower and please be careful or shower with assistance if you are taking pain medications. After your splint is removed I would see no reason you would not be able to return to your normal hygiene procedures. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

360 San Miguel Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Shower after rhinoplasty

My patients are encouraged to shower 2 days after surgery and several more times before the cast is off. This is the same with any othet surgery as long as they don't have a drain.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

1441 Avocado
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Shower when cast is off?

Every office has postoperative instructions; those instructions play a significant role in the recovery process. You should call the office or ask for a copy of postoperative directions.  In more cases it is common to take a regular shower once the cast is detached.

Gregory A. Wiener, MD, FACS

5440 N. Cumberland Ave
Chicago, IL 60656

Showering after rhinoplasty

You should ask your surgeon what his or her postoperative guidelines are, but usually it is ok to shower normally after the the splint or cast is removed.  

Michelle A. Spring, MD, FACS
Missoula Plastic Surgeon

60 Four Mile Drive
Kalispell, MT 59901