Should I Get Lipo to Inner, Outer, Front Thigh, Hips, Inner Knee? (photo)

I have large hips and fat legs..am deeply considering liposuction of my legs...what would you recommen based on my body?I have a pear shape so no matter how much weight I lose my legs will still be meaty looking. My frontal thigh is really big ...is there any way to fix that? whats the best procedure based on my body?thanks

Liposuction

+2

I think you have an adorable shape, and do not need liposuction at all. If the pictures do not show what you are concerned about, then suctioning the outer thigh will make a big difference in shape and in how your clothes fit.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Yes! You are a Wonderful Candidate Liposuction of the Legs

+1

First off, you can tell that you have a very nice figure and must do some form of exercise. I had a consultant who looked similar to your shape. We performed liposuction on her inner/outer thighs and knees. She looks wonderful! It balanced her whole frame out. She even went down two dress sizes and lost 15 pounds! You are a wonderful candidate for this type of surgery. We always like to remove a small amount from the outer thighs to prevent any negative contours and the majority will come from the inner thigh area. By removing fat from the knees as well, we find that a more streamlined contour is achieved. Removing fat from your hip or "flank" area will give you a beautiful shape and overall make you appear much thinner. We highly recommend that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon when making your decision. Wishing you all the best.

Peter Newen, MD

Should I Get Lipo to Inner, Outer, Front Thigh, Hips, Inner Knee

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. I do see some modest margin for improvement with liposuction to the outer thighs, and perhaps inner thighs. Evaluation of the front of the thighs is very incomplete using photos alone--the rectus femoris is a huge muscle and often makes up most of the fullness along the anterior thigh. If there is a significant amount of fat excess, careful liposuction may improve this. As to the inner knees, they look completely normal on the photos, and I suspect there is not much if any margin for improvement.

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Leg liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question about your legs and liposuction

• You have a very nice shape to start with.
  • Liposuction around the whole leg, knees to hips,will balance your shape. You don't need a lot. Plan it carefully with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Most exercise thickens the legs - ballet thins them,
  • If you haven't done ballet before, look for a ballet barre exercise class. It will help before and after liposuction. Hope this helps!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Liposuction of the thighs and knees would look great.

+1

Getting liposuction of the thighs and knees would make such a nice improvement and be easy to undergo under tumescent tech. local anesthesia with the small micro canulas. Since you would be awake and comfortable, your doc can stand you up during the procedure to fine tune it so you get the smoothest results possible and since he/she is using the microcanulas, the smaller the canula, the smoother the result. Good Luck. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lipo

+1

My question back to you at this time is how much exercise are you doing to firm up the thighs? If you are on a good program then some liposuction will help with maximizing your shape. This is more of a liposculpture type of procedure

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Liposuction of thighs

+1

You are really asking about doing circumferential liposuction of your thighs.  Without an examination, it is not possible to tell you what the best procedure for you would be.  There are a number of different liposuction techniques which a surgeon may opt for.  Be cautious about liposuction of the front of the thighs.  This can be a difficult area to get a smooth and reduced look.  You should consult with an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified plastic surgeon.  

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Conservative liposuction

+1

You should consider visiting some Am Board of Plastic Surgery surgeons who have a special interest in liposuction.  I'd caution you that your dislike of your figure is more than the actual figure deserves.  Folks like you tend to want too much done from liposuction because they are too demanding and this can lead to irreparable dents and grooves.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Liposuction of the Legs

+1

All of the areas you mentioned are reasonable areas except possibly the inner knee.  I think that you will get a very good result, and the figure and buttocks will improve with liposuction of the surrounding areas.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA