Should I Get Velashape After Liposuction to Make Skin Tighter?

My doctor recommended Velashape after liposuction to tighten the skin. I had vaser lipo and smart lipo, and I also lost a lot of weight after the procedure. Now the skin on my belly looks little loose , should I get Velashape and does it really work on abs to make the skin tighter ? thanks

Tummy tuck surgery will work better than Velashape

+3

Velashape has been used for several years and results, to me are very disappointing.

If laser liposuction twice did not tighten your skin then Velashape is not going to help, in my opinion.

You are better off considering surgical skin tightening-results are predictable and dependable if done by an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon.

Procedure to Tighten Loose Skin

+2

Thank you for your question. Without pictures, it is difficult to give an accurate assessment of the type of treatment you need. However, a tummy tuck is generally used to treat skin laxity in the stomach and to reduce excess fat. 

VelaShape after liposuction is nice for the right patient.

+2

I do utilize VelaShape for many of my patients following liposuction. It does help with skin tightening for those with mild laxity; however, we combine it with ReFirme laser treatments as well to get enhanced results. I do think it is important to not 'oversell' these modalities as they will not replace appropriate surgical treatments such as a tummy tuck in the patient who has excessive laxity.

May need tummy tuck for loose skin after liposuction

+1

1)  Velashape does not work.  Marketing.

2)  With your story after liposuction, it sounds like you need a full tummy tuck.  Not what you wanted to hear, but it works.

You've had all the latest technologies

+1

It is interesting to me, as a surgeon, that you have undergone treatment with two DIFFERENT modalities that each claim to "tighten" the skin more than traditional liposuction techniques.

Most patients undergo one or the other but rarely both.

I would not be overly optimistic about the benefits of Velasmooth. However, this does use a completely different technology. It may produce a mild or slight improvement but, in my opinion, it is unlikely to correct truly lax skin.

• Vaser = ultrasound
  • Smart Lipo = laser
  • Velasmooth = radiofrequency

You may want to try this out on a localized area but as you most likely have been aware, this will require multiple sessions.

I hope this helps!

Velashape after Liposuction is probably a waste of money

+1

It would be helpful if you posted a picture, or to tell us how much weight you lost. But judging from what you are saying, it sounds like you have pleny of loose skin and Velashape is not going to help.

I don't know if you have had any pregnancies but a tummy tuck may be the procedure you are looking for to remove the excess skin.

Velashape is not magical and I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for advice if your doctor is not.

Hope that helps.

Velashape after Liposuction could work for the right patient

+1

Some doctors who use Velashape after Liposuction may find the results good. However, it is not a replacement for surgical excision for loose skin. I think it is a good modality for patients with mild to moderate loose skin. You mentioned that you lost a lot of weight, so that could change the equation. If you have excess skin that you can grab in the palm of your hands, lipo and velashape might not do it. Hope that helps!

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/velashape/