When is a Good Time to Get Lipodissolve?

i am trying to get the differences btw lipo suction and lipo dissolve. is there something I should be aware of that makes one procedure than the other? I'm 150lbs, 45 y.o, and want to get rid of my banana roll.

LipoDissolve is an excellent treatment modality for...

+6

LipoDissolve is an excellent treatment modality for patients who have unwanted adipose (fat) tissue that they can readily identify. I tell patients if there is a specific area of unwanted fat that they can point to and say "I wish this would disappear" - that is exactly what LipoDissolve is designed to do. LipoDissolve is not a replacement for healthy eating or exercise, and patients who want general or overall weight reduction are not good candidates.

I tell patients that LipoDissolve is great for:

• That stubborn little tummy fat under the bellybutton that many women get after childbirth
  • Flanks (love handles) in both men and women
  • "Bra fat," those bulges that protrude above and below the bra
  • Upper outer thighs commonly referred to as saddlebags and inner thighs
  • I also like to treat double chins with LipoDissolve

In my experience, it is not a great treatment for unwanted fat in the upper arms or under the eyes.

Minneapolis Dermatologic Surgeon

Is Lipodissolve right for you?

+2

I agree completely with many of the physicians' comments below.

Please keep in mind that your body is an architectural structure whose shape is determined by the interplay of bone, muscle, fat, and skin. Similar to a house that may be composed of a foundation, studs, beams, and drywall. Changing only the fat may not have much effect, if the real problem is your skin and muscles (common after a pregnancy) or it could actually have a deleterious result. IF you take away your studs, you will have nothing to support the drywall. If you reduce your fat, what will support your loose skin?

Your bulge may better be treated by muscle tightening, fat reduction, and skin removal (essentially a tummy tuck). If fat is your only problem, then Lipodissolve may work. However, I have yet to see a patient that has been satisfied with the results of this intervention. At 45, it is likely, that your skin may be lax and will not demonstrate the desired contraction that you would observe in a 25 year old. However, there are many considerations that factor into this assessment.

Lipodissolve vs. liposuction

+1

A few years ago, I performed several hundred lipodissolve procedures in virtually every area of the body. It works, but according to the amount of fat you need to dissolve, it takes more than one procedure, and sometimes several procedures. The post-injection course is painful and the swelling is more than a liposuction.  All in all, I was disillusioned with the lipodissolve as were many patients. I researched and used formulas that were used by the doctors who were doing the most lipodissolve procedures as well. Other post-injection problems are nausea and fainting in some cases.

Liposuction is an entirely different situation, however. Liposuction can be done under local anesthesi in many cases, and it usually takes only one procedure per area. Multiple areas may require general anesthesia.Basically, the cannula vacuums the fat from the area, and the fat is gone. It's not a matter of trying to dissolve it, which may takes months. With the new microcannulas, there is minimal post-operative discomfort, swelling, or bruising, particularly when compared to lipodissolve. Liposuction is also safer when  performed by someone with proper credentials and experience.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Never heard of anyone happy with Lipodissolve results

+1

I have not seen a patient yet who was happy with a lipodissolve treatment. It is amazing to me that people keep going back for treatment after treatment with no discernible difference. If you post a picture we can give you more specific advice on which procedures may be appropriate for you.

David Shafer, MD

Not Recommended

+1

I would not recommend lipodissolve as for the reasons mentioned above. I have seen many patients in my practice who have attempted the procedure and have been very unhappy with the results. All they were left with was some skin redness and bruising.

When it comes to cosmetic procedures, I recommend keeping with procedures that are proven, safe and work.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Lipodissolve vs liposuction

+1

Lipodissolve is not FDA approved and the majoirty of physicians I know won't perform it.  This method uses chemicals to try to melt fat. Liposuction uses small cannulas to manually remove fat from the underlying subcutaneous space.

Controversial topic

+1

This is a great question that will create a lot of different opinions. LipoDissolve is a procedure where a chemical substance is injected into fat pockets that could lead to dissolving them.

These are few observation regarding this controversial topic:

1-It is not FDA approved (most board cetified plastic surgeons will not perfom it)

2-Most patients that i have seen so far were not very happy with lipodissolve due to the slim results and the need for multiple injections.

3-It works on very small areas with very small fat pockets( when liposuction is not indicated) I can see some indications for localised areas like the chin.

4-Liposuction has better control on larger areas( all types of lipo included)

5-Like all procedures the key is the user but there is always a limitation for any modality we use.

For your specific need i see clearly that liposuction will give you a better result on the long term. Hope that help!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS