Should I Choose Invisalign over Braces?

Hello. I am 28 years old and need to re-fix my teeth (had braces when I was a teen) and not sure which route to take. I was very surprised at the price difference between Invisalign and Wire braces; it's not but a few hundred $$'s. So, I am leaning more toward Invisalign since it would be a shorter time frame (only 6-8mos compared to 8-12mos for braces). I am reading all the reviews (very helpful) but still undecisive). If you were in my same boat please give me some insight.....Should I go with Invisalign ($4750) or Braces ($4350)??? Not sure on taking the risk!

No Brainer Decision

+1

I don't know why anyone would want traditional braces when Invisalign is an option.  Traditional braces are like cheese graters leaving a mess after every meal and they can hide plaque that will start decay and gum disease.  With Invisalign, you take out the aligners to eat and then you can brush and floss afterwards.

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is great for the second time around

+1

Invisalign is almost IDEAL when doing orthodontics for a second time. Usually most of the challenging movements have been taken care of, the rotations or severe crowding. When doing it for a second time, the situation usually is not as bad as the original situation, so Invisalign is simply fine tuning a few things.

But wire braces works too...

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Go for it!! (Invisalign)

+1

If I were in your shoes I'd do Invisalign. Especially if you just have some minor corrections to make. Invisalign is great for people in their 20's and up because it allows you the ability to take them out, brush, floss,etc. So it's much easier to maintain oral hygiene in Invisalign. In addition- they're REMOVABLE so if you have a photo shoot or a business function- you can take out your braces!!

Peter Boulden, DMD
Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist