Shorter Nose with Rhinoplasty Like Angelina Jolie?

Is it possible for anyone to get their nose done shorter but straight when they have a little dorsal hump on their nose without making the whole nose look even more bigger? For example like Angelina Jolie, but she did have a short nose to begin with.

Can I Shorten the Nose with Rhinoplasty?

+2

Shortening the nose and reducing the height of the bridge will not make the nose look larger. These are both 'reduction' techniques. However a short nose with a high bridge can look disproportionate. It's important to understand that the nose frequently needs to be balanced at the time of surgery since proportion is an important element of attractiveness - particularly as it relates to the nose. A good consultation with a nasal surgeon will help to put things in perspective for you. Best of Luck

Noses should always fit the face

+2

Noses can be made shorter and straighter with rhinoplasty. The amount depends on what your nose looks like in the first place. Other determining factors are the strength and length of your nasal cartilages and skin thickness. I suggest you seek out an experienced rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your desires.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Shorter Nose with Rhinoplasty

+1

After you clearly describe your goals a good surgeon will discuss the changes that should be made. A straight, shorter nose without a dorsal hump does not have to look bigger.

Rhinoplasty can shorten nose

+1

With rhinoplasty it is possible to have a nose done shorter and straight if they only have a small dorsal hump on the nose. It will not make the nose look bigger because the projection of the nose is brought back closer to the face and made shorter.

A nose can be shortened without making the nose look bigger.

+1

An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will not overly remove too much to prevent the nose from looking bigger. Make sure you like the surgeons work with noses similar to yours.

Nose will look smaller after dorsal hump removal

+1

Hi,

Typically a nose will look smaller when a dorsal hump is taken down. I don't think it will make it look shorter unless its shortened from the lower end.

Hope this helps,

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty can make your nose smaller and shorter

+1

A good rhinoplasty can achieve what you desire. Certainly the nose can be made smaller and shorter if you desire. Finding the right surgeon is most important.

Shorter nose with Rhinoplasty? Yes.

+1

Hi JulllienJullia in UK,

The short answer to your question is yes(answers here on RealSelf.com need to be at least 25 words, so I can't keep it too short if you are wondering why I ramble on here).

Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD