I Am Very Short Waisted and Need Help with Excess Fat Around Tummy and Thighs, Good Options?

Can't exercise much do to med issues, and meds which also caused weight gain. I really need to drop 38 lbs. All the fat is on my tummy and my thighs. Mostly inner part. My butt is ok, mostly. I need this done. If only for movement.

Excess fat on tummy and thighs

+1

Liposuction can likely remove at from those areas but I cannot say that it will help your movement. It will be a localized removal of fat, there likely will be loose skin after and it cannot remove any intra-abdominal fat that might exist. The liposuction might be possible but you are not what we could consider an ideal candidate.

Excess tummy and thigh fat with medical issues

+1
As noted by other responses, liposuction is not a weight loss procedure, but rather a body contouring procedure. If you plan to lose 38 pounds, I would try to lose this weight by restricting your caloric intake and exercise. Perhaps swimming or water aerobics may help, if your medically able.
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction is not a replacement for weight loss

+1

With difficulty exercising combined with medical issues, liposuction is not an appropriate treatment for weight loss or generalized shaping. There are many weight loss experts now who focus on surgical and non-surgical methods for weight loss, which are successful and will improve your medical status. I would recommend you look into one of those options - I'm sure your internist should have some referrals to recommend. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.drshermak.com/body-surgery-baltimore/liposuction/

Liposuction to reduce weight

+1

It takes a lot of fat to remove 1 lb.  Therefore most plastic surgeons will agree that liposuction is never used to reduce weight.  If your weight is stable and there are deposits of fat that affect your contour, then liposuction is a good technique that can shape these problem areas.  Even large volume liposuction may only take 5-7 lbs of fat at its extreme end.  Therefore if you feel that your weight has not stabilized you may not be ready for liposuction at this time.

Southport Plastic Surgeon

Thighs to big to Exer-sighs will Liposuction work?

+1

Liposuction is a good way to lose isolated pockets of fat, but not as a way to lose weight.  For patients that are overweight in San Antonio, I often recommend a medically supervised weight loss program.

Some patients have found CoolSculpting a good non-invasive way to get things kick started.  With this technique you probably will not see a huge change, but it is easy enough to do and will take about 2 hours of your time (1 hour each thigh).

Web reference: http://www.drkoneru.com/procedures/non-invasive-procedures/zeltiq-coolsculpting

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Candidate?

+1

Based on your description, I do not think that surgery is the “help” you need. As you say,  you need to drop 38 pounds;  I think the help you will need will come from a good internist,  personal trainer  and dietitian.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_liposuction.htm

Liposuction or Weight Loss?

+1

You are wise to wonder if liposuction would help. In my experience, people are often able to lose 30-40 pounds even with medical issues if they will do one thing: get some help.

You might find someone in your area that can help you and it probably won't involve surgery or medications. Do you know anyone who has accomplished what you are hoping to achieve? I bet they would be glad to give you the persons name who helped them.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Short Waisted and Need Help with Excess Fat Around Tummy

+1

If the fat is the type just under the skin liposuction might be of some small benefit but it is NEVER done for weight loss or weight control and in overweight people it may cause some skin deformities you would not want. Get your BMI under 30 at a maximum, then seek consultation.

Body contouring

+1

If you are alnost 4o lbs overweight, you are better off with dieting to lose the weight then consider body contour surgery.

Lipo

+1

Having liposuction while being overweight is not so much a problem as if you are gaining weight. For example if currently you weigh more than before, then you may weigh more in a couple months. Ultimately, the down side is erasing the results you spent money for. Best to figure out how to manage the weight issue first.