Short Upturned Nose with Bulbous Tip and Alar, Got L-shaped Implant. Not Happy?

in the middle of surgery (L-shaped implant), the doctor suggested to do alar flattening (so as to not so bulbous). but i didnt approve because i need to think about it first. now im not sure about alar flattening, i think whats best suited me is my ALAR to be PUSHED UPWARD so as to achieve less piggy look/upturned. is alar pushed upward can be done? please im so frustrated i wanna cry :(((((((

Nasal implants

+1

I agree that without a photo it is impossible to fully address your question. However, nasal L shaped impants have a poor track record long term.  There is a high risk of late extrusion and exposure of the implant, as well as unpredictable scarring and results.  I would be cautious about any procedure that would remove cartilage, and make the structure of your nose more dependent on the implant.  Although the surgery is somewhat more involved cartilage grafts from nose, ear or rib can achieve the goals of implants without the complications.

Short Nose with Bulbous Tip

+1

I'm sorry you have multiple concerns after your rhinoplasty surgery. However, it is impossible to address your concerns without pictures.

Upturned Nose

+1

There are a couple of ways to address your concerns.  Depending on your situation, the ala can be pushed upwards or the tip can be brought down to address the upturned nose appearance.  Both have their pros and cons.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Bulbous tip revision

+1

We do not use L struts and have seen lots of complications from their use.  It should probably be removed.  There are multiple techniques that can be used to help bring the nose down.  Best to obtain your old records, and pictures and seek 3 consultations with very experienced rhinoplasty surgeons

L-Shaped Implants

+1

Hi,

L Shaped implants are poorly designed and will cause pollybeak deformities as well as other complications. See link below. What you need is a custom carved I shaped implant. Your L shaped implant can be revised to a I shaped implant to fit your nose without  the pollybeak and bulbosity.

Feel free to contact me for further information or see weblink below.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS