I Was Supposed To Have a Short Scar FL, But The Incisions Look Longer, Did They Change The Gameplan?

Please help me out here? I just had had supposed shortscar Tue.6TH and it was dissused with the DR. and he said the incision would be along the ear and stop at the lobe. When I got out of the OR. returned home, I felt these funny pains on my ears and around the back of them,much throbbing and numbness and heat. Tried to call his office no one would call me back? Next day after head wrap removed i saw the incisions i was shocked because they went all the way up the back of my ears! I asked what?

Long scars after a short scar face lift

+1

Thank you for your question about your long incisions after a short scar face lift.

• Short scar face lifts often cannot deal with excess skin.
  • Your surgeon may have made the incision behind the ear to contour the skin properly.
  • Otherwise you might have skin folds in the face (awful) or beside the eyes. 
  • It sounds as though your surgeon made a reasonable face lift decision. Ask him/her for more information and discuss the numbness. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Short Scar Facelift

+1

A short scar facelift is generally used to describe an incision that does not extend along the posterior or anterior hairline.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Short scar facelift scars

+1

There is no standard technique that is referred specifically as short scar facelift techniques.  Your Plastic Surgeon may have had a reason to incorporate this scar with the technique followed.  Refer this question to your Specialist.  I am sure there is a good explanation for this.  Perhaps a better result will be seen with the addition of this scar.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Short scar facelift

+1

The term "short scar facelift" is a broad term. A incision that ends behind the ear is still considered short scar.  It depends how much skin that needs to be dealt with, if you have a dogear because the doctor is confined to a certain limit, you will be even more upset.  Please try to look at the overall result and not the hidden crease behind your ear.  good luck

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Scars after surgery

+1

Thank you for your question.  The details of your surgical procedure are best discussed with your plastic surgeon.  He or she should be able to explain the details and The reasoning behind the decisions that were made during the procedure.  Sometimes the plan has to change in order to get the desired result.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon