Short piggy nose one month after septorhinoplasty

Hi I am a 22 year old female and have undergone a septorhinoplasty due to breaking my nose when I was 14. I have had the bump removed which I am happy with, however the tip of my nose looks very piggy and short I can also see a lot more of my nostrils which isn't very desirable. I had my surgery carried out on the 14th January 2014 it has almost been a month and I was concerned about whether my tip will drop? Also will it get any longer? I am in a state of panik at the moment please help Thank you

1 month after septorhinoplasty

+1
In general, the tip is turned up after surgery and relaxes to its final position around 2 weeks post-op. This can sometimes take longer depending on the patient. Swelling can affect your final result, and the nose will continue to change as you heal. I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as he/she knows the details of your procedure. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

+1
If there is any concern, your should return to your surgeon for an assessment.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.