Short Lower Lip After Chin Implant, Is This Permanent?

In Jan. I got a medpor chin implant with an intraoral incision, in late May I got it removed,trimmed,and reinserted. Now my lower lip is shorter and tighter. At rest it only covers the lower halves of my lower teeth, and takes effort to raise it above them. I'm worried I have a problem with my mentalis muscle. Is this likely to clear up on it's own, or will it take more surgery to correct? How difficult would a correction be?

Short lower lip after Chin surgery.

+1

If you just had surgery in May, you still have time to derive some benefit from massage.

Please work closely with your surgeon through all this to make sure the problem doesn't go too long without correction.   Also, make sure your implant has not shifted.

Good luck.