Shivers and Extreme Fatigue 3 Weeks After Surgery- Why?

hello, i had gynocomastia surgery and stomach lipo. i was near ideal bodyweight so not much fat was removed. i'm 3 weeks post surgery and i have these shivers that wrack my body. it will run from my sides up my back and its happens all the time. also i have extreme fatigue. Absolutely zero energy, i struggle to even stay awake during the day even after getting 12 hours sleep the night before. definately never felt like this before, literally falling asleep while still sitting up.

Shaking chills

+2

Shaking chills after srugery suggests an infectious process going on. I would contact your doctor immediately and follow-up with him. Your symptoms are not common after surgery.

Chills and fatigue

+2
I am concerned by your description of wracking shivers. You could have an infection and need to be seen by a physician immediately. This could be related to the surgery, as in an infection, or, f you had general anesthesia, might be symptomatic of pneumonia, or it could be of entirely different etiology, with a differential diagnosis that could include lymphoma or leukemia Please contact a physician or go to an emergency room as soon as possible.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Shivers and Fatigue

+2

Your description of your symptoms is very concerning. I would suggest  IMMEDIATE consultation with a physician in person,  even if it requires an emergency room visit. You need to rule out an infectious etiology causing the “shivers and fatigue”.