Shiny After Dermabrasion and Texture is Unpleasant. What Caused This and What Can I Do?

I received a dermabrasion treatment on both cheeks. The texture of my cheeks is now very unpleasant. It looks like I had a road rash on both cheeks and it healed similar to the way a burn would heal (uneven texture, shiny, etc). It has been one year. As much as the texture bothers me the real battle Im fighting is the shininess. It's very shiny in all lighting. My question is why would skin respond after a dermabrasion with such a shiny appearance ? And what can I do to fix it ?  Thank you

Your Dermabrasion Results

+2

Complications from dermabrasion are not typical but do occur. Hypogpigmentation, hyperpigmentation, scarring, "waxy" skin texture, although not common, can happen.  Fortunately, what you are describing may be helped.  I suggest you try a nonablative laser tratement.  Also intense pulsed light (IPL) can help. Check with your local Facial Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist to see if the treatments listed above are right for you.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon