4 weeks post op of Rhinoplasty, I have a dent on my left nostril. Will this heal or do I need a revision to fix it? (photos)

I had rhinoplasty 4 weeks ago but left with small debts which makes me appear my left nostril leans inward. Will this due to tight stitches inside or due to some other reason. Will this resolve by healing or I have to ready for minor revision ?

Soft tissue triangle depression

+2
It is usually from a stitch on the inside that at the time of closing the incision pulls the rim inwards. Massaging the area may resolve it. If it does not work then you can either get a filler injection to lift up the area or better yet get a small cartilage graft to lift it up.
Regards
Dr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not to worry!

+1
It is not unusual to have tightness at the tip of the nose if you had tip rhinoplasty

contouring. This is due to internal suturing. Any concerns about revision should be

held off for a minimum of 6 months. Most issues resolve themselves in 6 months.

I recommend you wait 6 months and then see if the nostrils look symmetrical. You

never revise a rhinoplasty within the first months of surgery. There is swelling and

other factors which play a major role. Healing needs time. If you are not happy

after 6 months, then see your Plastic Surgeon regarding a possible revision.

Michael Stefan, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

4 weeks post op of Rhinoplasty, I have a dent on my left nostril. Will this heal or do I need a revision to fix it?

+1
    It is too early to make a determination about the final result or the need for revision.