Shifting Again After Revision Rhinoplasty?

I had revision rhinoplasty for the 2nd time 1 week ago. My original rhinoplasty was done in July 2009. The second revision was done exactly 1 year later when my doctor and I were not happy with the hanging columella. I was very happy with the result after. About a year after, I had a cartlidge bump on the tip and the columella shifted. He fixed it and I am now happy with how its looking. I know I have a little swelling, but what are the chances of it shifting again? I'm stressing out over it!

Shifting columella following revision rhinoplasty?

+1

In general, the typical side effects of rhinoplasty may include the following:

1) Mild pain
2) Congestion
3) Blood tinged discharge for 48-72 hours following surgery
4) Swelling
5) Numbness

As long as your surgeon secured the columella in a proper location, there is a very low chance of shifting.  I would enjoy the results you are experiencing and not worry about the "what ifs".

Thanks and I hope this helps!

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com/surgical-procedures/rhinoplasty/

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon