Is It Possible to Shift Nasal Bone After Rhinoplasty by Just Putting Pressure on the Sides?

Hey, it's been 5 weeks & 4 days post-op my rhinolasty, was cleaning the outside of the nose removing flaking skin, put a reasonable amount of pressure on my left side, felt this weird bad feeling for 1 sec, did i ruin anything? (did this 2 times)

Lee J. Malan, M.D.

+2

Don't worry about disturbing the operation results with little things like the ones you have described. You are past the time it takes to heal 4-6 weeks post op.  Experiencing different sensations is routine.  It may take 6 months or so befor normal sensation has rreally returned.  Have fun with your "new nose".

Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Bones 6 Weeks after Rhinoplasty Shifting

+2

Your nasal bones are secure 6 weeks after rhinoplasty - it would take significant force, not just the pressure you describe to move the nasal bones. For reassurance, consult with your surgeon.

Nasal bone shift after Rhinoplasty

+2

It takes about six weeks for the bones to heal after Rhinoplasty surgery. But in the first 3-6 months they maybe very brittle and may fracture easily. If the pressure you applied was minor you are probably going to be ok. It would be wise to have your surgeon take a look to make sure its ok!

Good luck !

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Damage

+2

Nasal bone healing takes place over a six week time frame similar to other bones. I doubt that you did any serious damage to your nose. Check with your doctor

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Probably did not hurt anything

+1

Thank you for the question.  At 5 weeks your nasal bones should be healed fairly well.  I doubt that you hurt anything in there.  Your plastic surgeon will be able to tell if anything has changed in an appreciable manner when you go see him/her at your next follow up.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD