What Do I Need to Be Asking the Doctor?

I'm thinking of having either smart lipo or vaser lipo done on my double chin , What should I be looking for or asking the doctor / surgeon who will be doing it to make sure there good for the job What qualifications should they have ? Thanks to anyone who answered my last question :)

SmartLipo on Double Chin

+2

Thanks for asking the question!  As a start, make sure your surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  You can certainly ask them how often they perform liposuction on the chin.  Ask to see several before and after pictures of their patients who have had the same procedure.  Finally, ask them how they handle any complications should they arise.  Best wishes!

Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a Doctor

+2

It goes without saying that from your surgeon you want brilliance, understanding, resourcefulness, great training, the best hands and eyes in the business, and a calming manner. But you also need him or her to have professional qualifications. No matter whom you pick, your doctor should have the proper certification and experience necessary to perform breast augmentation.
You should expect your doctor to be more than just aware of, but positively fluent in, such recent and dramatic advances. Above all, your doctor should be board-certified. Will your doctor be able to handle complications during surgery or the healing process, should any arise? A board-certified plastic surgeon has had years of training in the handling and sculpting of skin tissue and its healing, and may be the doctor best equipped to handle the unexpected. You also want to make sure you're having surgery at an accredited surgical facility with all board-certified anesthesiologists.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Smartlipo--choose a qualified surgeon

+2

Thanks for your question.  You are on the right track by raising this question early in your decision process.  As you are finding, there are many physicians that are performing the Smartlipo procedure.  Your ultimate decision of which physician to choose should be based on your comfort level with the physician, their surgical training, their surgical experience, their qualifications and your experience with the physician and their office staff.

Although the Smartlipo procedure is considered minimally invasive, I still consider this a surgical procedure that requires artistic abilities in the surgeon.  I would suggest you research not only the physician but the different training backgrounds of the different types of physicians.  The surgical training is varied between the surgical specialties.  I would recommend you search for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  As you research the different specialties, you will find that Board Certified Plastic Surgeons have some of the most extensive training with a primary focus on aesthetics.

William J. Vinyard, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Consulting Lipo with MD

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option.  I would request to see before/after pictures. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Vaser Lipo and Smart Lipo and questions to ask your Surgeon

+1

Both Vaser Lipo and Smart Lipo are energy assisted liposuction procedures.  Vaser Lipo incorporated ultrasound energy and Smart Lipo uses laser light energy.  Both can aid the surgeon in fat removal and both can also aid, to a small extent, in tightening or toning skin especially in the neck.  When consulting a plastic surgeon, you should ask your physician if he/she is board certified and by what board (plastic surgery, dermatology, ENT, etc).  You should also ask how long have they been in practice, how often or how may of these procedures have they performed, and if you could see before and after photos of their work.  You should also ask if their surgery center is licensed and certified.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Deciding on a Doctor

+1

Be sure the Doctor is Board Certified and ask of their credentials as well. It is always good to have an idea of their background before signing up for anything.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Chin liposuction

+1

Vaser or Slim lipo can be done on the chin but so too can any other form of liposuction. It is not the wand but the magician with the wand that creates the magic!