Can Sheerwave RF Cavitation Significantly Reduce Stomach Fat?

I am in good shape other than my stomack. What is the best alternative to liposuction and have you have of significant results with the Sheerwave RF Cavitation ?

Results are NOT permanent

+1

Treatments with ultrasound can disrupt fat cell membranes, or make them “leaky” so that the contents of the cells leak out, but they do not reduce the overall number of fat cells living in that area. Liposuction is the ONLY way to remove the excess fat cells, resulting in a permanent improvement in the contour. As the first doctor in Utah to do liposuction, I have seen various forms of fat reduction come and go. Carefully done liposuction, using very small cannulas remains the Gold Standard for body contouring, and can be done with a high degree of precision.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

There are multiple different technologies available for body contouring.

+1

There are multiple different technologies available for body contouring.  The non-invasive, external treatments have been shown to give mild improvement in contour temporarily and most of them require many sessions.  In the long term all external, non-invasive technologies that I am aware of do not result in significant improvements.

In my Salt Lake City, UT plastic surgery practice I perform a high volume of body contouring procedures.  I am seeing an increasing number of patients that are very fit and athletic that are requesting small touch-ups of the saddle bags or love handles or abdomen.  My usual treatment for these patients is SmartLipo (laser liposuction).  This gives reliable, permanent results in experienced hands.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Liopsuction

+1

The best results for stomach fat is Laser Lipo. This procedure works well on melting fat and tightening the skin at the same time.  

Z. Paul Lorenc, MD

Any procedure other than actual liposuction doesn't result in huge differences.

+1

The quick answer is no.  Anything like this is closer to a sham than it is to real science. 

While there are great procedures that are soon to be released or have already been released, the gold standard is and will always be liposuction or an invasive procedure to remove fat.  Laser adds a benefit, but even laser alone will not result in huge differences.  This isn't either of them, so it is far from the gold standard.

In my practice, I use tumescent liposuction, which is a great procedure alone, but then I add the SmartLipo (laser lipo).  I have used Liposonix (ultrasound) and find it is OK, but there were many patients who didn't find it was 'worth it'.  Additionally, there are pain concerns.  RF has been used for many conditions, but it is fairly lackluster in reality.

Generally, when you ask whether the results with any non-invasive procedure will be significant, I would have to answer NO.  Time may allow for better results with these sorts of procedures, but for now, I would take a wide berth and save your money.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist